Association of Residential Managing Agents

Members' Area

Whistleblowing Policy

ACAS provide a whistle blowing service and they can be contacted on ACAS helpline 0300 123 1100 to provide you with guidance and talk you through your options. You do not have to give any personal details.

If you do wish to take your allegations forward, the National Trading Standards operate a service for reporting breaches of trading standards. and the telephone number is 01938 51102.

ARMA secretariat are unable to get involved in whistleblowing as this would fall outside of ARMA’s powers and responsibilities and could jeopardise any further investigations.  

In order for your complaint to be passed to the independent Regulatory Panel your complaint must first have been through one of the alternative source of redress who are the first appropriate avenue of redress such as: 

  • Police investigation leading to criminal prosecution
  • Investigation (and potentially prosecution) by other authorities e.g.:
  • National Trading Standards
  • Financial Conduct Authority
  • Health & Safety Executive

The independent Regulatory Panel cannot consider or accept complaints until this has been undertaken and you will need to provide documentary evidence of this with your complaint.  Please note that the independent Regulatory Panel and Case Officer cannot consider or accept complaints until all investigations have been fully concluded and exhausted.

Cases will not normally be accepted where the case relates to a matter that is over 24 months old from the day that alleged incident took place. The only exception to this will be where criminal proceedings have been in progress.

Once a complaint is received, the independent Regulatory Panel is able to consider the findings along with your complaint and they will then determine whether a member firm has breached ARMA byelaws, Consumer Charter or Standards. 

The role of the independent Regulatory Panel is to provide independent regulation of the Member and Associates of ARMA and they will then determine whether a member firm has breached ARMA membership rules and our Consumer Charter or Standards. 

To preserve its independence, no-one on the panel is connected with ARMA or its members.

Please provide your complaint in writing clearly marked as ‘Regulatory Panel Complaint’along with supporting documentation by either post to ARMA, 3rd Floor, 2-4 St George’s Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4DP, or email to

Your complaint and any relevant supporting documentation will be passed to the Case Officer of the Regulatory Panel who will contact you directly in relation to your complaint. 

In This Section