TC82: INSURANCE IN RESIDENTIAL LEASEHOLD PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
The Introduction to Insurance course is designed to provide property management staff with a sound knowledge of the insurance industry within the residential leasehold sector. The course will provide useful information to enable your staff to provide knowledge-based advice to clients in line with UK regulatory standards.
What the course covers:
• Understanding the principles of insurance
• The insurance marketplace
• Brokers, Insurers and Captives – what’s the difference and how do they operate?
• Regulation – what can a property manager do and what can’t they do?
• Core covers including; Buildings, Liability (PL, EL and Environmental), PI, D&O, Cyber, CMP, etc.
• General conditions of an insurance contract
• The role and responsibility of a property manager when dealing with insurance
• Common types of claim
• Claims and claims management
• Disaster management – How does an insurer work with large events?
Property managers, accounts and finance staff and anyone dealing regularly with insurers and/or brokers.