TC78: WITNESS SKILLS (COURT/TRIBUNAL HEARING) PART 1
LONDON - ARMA OFFICES SW19 4DP
Duration: 7 hours
Start Time: 09:30
End Time: 05:00
Price for Members of ARMA: £195.00+VAT
Price for Non-member: £270.00+VAT
Have you ever been called to act as a witness at a County Court trial or Tribunal hearing? Did you know what to expect and were you prepared for what happened? This highly interactive one-day course is designed to take away the fear factor and equip attendees with the skills and knowledge so that they are prepared for the next time they give evidence as a witness in either the County Court or Tribunal. Pre-reading materials, including a specimen lease and case materials, will be provided in advance of the course, enabling delegates to read up and be prepared to take an active part in the practical activities throughout the course of the day.
The workshop will address the following from a legal perspective:
• Understanding the role of the Court and Tribunal
• Understanding the role of other parties including claimant/applicant, defendant/ respondent and the role of any legal representative
• Understanding what it means to be a witness
• Dealing with common County Court/ Tribunal disputes
• How to give the best written and oral evidence
This highly interactive course is ideal for anyone involved in litigation, particularly those who may be called upon to give evidence in proceedings.