TC77: PRESENTATION SKILLS IN THE TRIBUNAL
The saying goes that there is nothing certain in life except death and taxes. But if you are a property manager, it is (almost) certain that you will visit the Tribunal during your property management career. This one-day training course is aimed at those who are getting involved in Tribunal proceedings, and also those who would like to get involved. We will equip the attendees with knowledge and skills to conduct non-complex hearings before the Tribunal. Pre-reading materials, including a specimen lease, will be provided in advance of the training, enabling delegates to read up and be prepared to take part in the role-playing activities throughout the course of the day.
What the course covers:
• Understanding who and what the Tribunal is
• Understanding the role of the applicant/ respondent
• Understanding the role of the property manager before the Tribunal
• Understanding the approach of the Tribunal to service charge disputes. Including jurisdiction, evidence, bundles, and how to present/defend service charge cases
• Understanding dispensation from consultation
• Analysis of Daejan v Benson
• Understanding the Tribunal’s approach to applications for dispensation from consultation, including jurisdiction, evidence, bundles, and how to present these applications
• Understanding the Tribunal’s approach to dealing with breaches of lease, including jurisdiction, evidence, bundles, and how to present these types of application.
This highly interactive course is ideal for those who either currently get involved in Tribunal proceedings or have a desire to do so.