TC71: COMPANY DIRECTORS AND SECRETARIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LONDON - WIMBLEDON SW19 4DP
Duration: 7 hours
Start Time: 09:30
End Time: 05:00
Price for Members of ARMA: £195.00+VAT
Price for Non-member: £270.00+VAT
A one-day course highlighting key responsibilities and duties of Company Secretaries and Directors specifically in relation to RMC’s.
What the course covers:
• Understand the requirements of filing accounts at Companies House and penalties associated with this
• Responsibilities of agreeing to provide a Registered office service on behalf of a RMC
• Correct procedure for statutory meetings e.g. AGM’s and EGM’s and in what circumstances you call them
• Determining voting rights amongst the members/shareholders
• Understanding Golden Shares held by developers
• Using and understanding the Articles to determine who can be officers of the RMC and what powers they have
• Appointment and resignation of officers
• Whether or not a Company Secretary is required
• Maintaining Statutory Registers, filing confirmation statements and producing resolutions
• Issuance and purpose of Share and Member Certificates
• The difference between limited by Share and limited by Guarantee
• Striking off an RMC and going through insolvency
• Declaring an interest
• Key responsibilities of a Company Secretary
• Key responsibilities of a Company Director and how these change if there is no Secretary
• Importance of Directors & Officers Insurance
• Key sections of the Companies Act 2006 that all officers should be aware of.
Staff tasked with carrying out these functions on behalf of the client.
Property managers who are required to carry out AGM’s, appoint/resign officers, etc.
Senior managers who are responsible for the corporate strategy or perhaps hold a position of office themselves on behalf of a client.