TC66: INTRODUCTION TO FIRE SAFETY FOR PROPERTY MANAGERS
This course is provided for block managers looking to learn the basics of fire safety for residential buildings. It gives basic information for managing the fire risks of common parts of blocks of flats and delves in to the essential grounding of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. At the end of this course, you will understand who is responsible for what and why in terms of fire safety and will have a basic knowledge of the changes happening in this all-important area of block management.
This course covers:
- Fire Safety law and the requirements for fire risk assessments.
- Understanding a fire risk assessment.
- Requirements and implementation of systems to manage fire safety in residential buildings.
- Legal issues and enforcement of fire safety.
The course is not designed to enable you to:
- Provide competent advice or health and safety assistance as required in legislation.
- Undertake a detailed fire risk assessment as required in legislation.
This course is suitable for those who are new to managing fire safety in residential property.
This course would also be suitable for those in lettings moving into residential leasehold management.