TC62: FIRE SAFETY MANAGEMENT (SENIOR LEVEL) FOR RESIDENTIAL MANAGING AGENTS
A one-day course for directors and senior managers who undertake and are responsible for fire safety management. Note this course will not enable you to: • Provide safety assistance as required by Regulation 18 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 • Undertake a fire risk assessment as required by Regulation 9 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
What the course covers:
• The required elements of a compliance system to manage fire safety in residential blocks of flats and
• The findings of Dame Judith Hackitt’s review on Building and Fire Regulations and the steps managing agents may need to take to implement these requirements if they are mandated by government
• The broad requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Building Regulations Part B Fire Safety, and the fire safety requirements of the Housing Act 2004 as they relate to purpose-built blocks of flats
• The law relating to flat front doors and the duty to maintain them
• The requirements and competency standards for fire safety management personnel and fire safety companies and
• The various leasehold and legal tools that can be used to enforce leaseholder fire safety compliance.
This course is suitable for senior property managers/business heads who manage fire safety within their organisation, or are able to influence the way fire safety is managed within the organisation.