TC59: MANAGING YOUR FIRST PORTFOLIO – LEGAL WORKSHOP
LONDON - ARMA OFFICES SW19 4DP [Limited]
Duration: 7 hours
Start Time: 09:30
End Time: 05:00
Price for Members of ARMA: £195.00+VAT
Price for Non-member: £270.00+VAT
Being a property manager is a demanding job; on any given day you can be required to demonstrate a variety of skills and knowledge. In this interactive legal workshop, we’ll explore some of the common legal challenges that you might face and how to deal with them. This workshop will be based around a fictional block and a copy of its specimen lease and Articles of Association will be provided to all delegates for ‘pre-reading’.
• Understanding the decision making powers of management companies (including RTM and RMCs) on the appointment of agents
• New development action points – what you need to be looking out for in the lease and articles of association so you can add to your building ‘manual’
• Airbnb subletting – is it a breach and what can you do?
• Alterations – how to handle the request and deal with the paperwork
• Arrears recovery – looking at the lifecycle of a typical arrears case so you can manage your client’s expectations
• Assignment of a lease – what needs to happen and how do you do it
• Preparing for your evening AGM – understanding management companies, including decision making, appointment (and retirement) of directors, record keeping, etc.
This course is ideal for those new to block management and for property assistants moving onto portfolio management who have some knowledge of the legal framework governing residential long leasehold management but who need to become familiar with the essential information needed to safely and efficiently assist or manage a portfolio.
This course would also be suitable for those in lettings moving into residential leasehold management.