TC55: INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR PROPERTY MANAGERS
A one day course designed to introduce new entrants to the sector to the minimum Health & Safety knowledge essential to their career path. This course is not intending to turn beginners or new on-site staff into Fire Safety Risk Assessors, CDM experts, etc. merely to furnish them with the awareness to perform the day job safely and give comfort to their employers.
This course covers:
- Health and Safety law and the requirements for risk assessments.
- Understanding the various types of risk assessment required in residential property.
- Hazards associated with residential property, including fire, asbestos, legionella, work at height, electricity and hazardous substances.
- Requirements and implementation of systems to manage health and safety hazards in residential buildings.
- Selection and management of contractors.
- Legal issues and enforcement of health and safety.
The course is not designed to enable you to:
- Provide competent advice or health and safety assistance as required in legislation.
- Undertake a detailed risk assessment as required in legislation.
This course is suitable for those who are new to managing health and safety in residential property within your organisation.