TC27 The Procedural and Technical Issues of Section 20
London - ARMA Offices, SW19 4DP
Duration: 1 day
Start Time: 09:15
End Time: 05:00
Price for Members of ARMA: £195.00+VAT
Price for Non-member: £270.00+VAT
A one day practical workshop covering the requirements and procedures of Section 20 (qualifying works and qualifying long term agreements), exemptions, OJEU Public Notices and the growing body of Case Law.
THE COURSE COVERS:
- When consultation is required
- The Regulations - 5 variations on a theme!
- Requirements of Notices to satisfy each of the Regulations
- The sequence of events and timescales
- Minimum requirements and best practice
- "Service" of the Notices/proof of service
- Raising the funds-v-adequate reserve fund
- Qualifying Long Term Agreements: managing agents' contracts; CHP systems; 5 year limit
- New developments and public sector partnering regimes
- Private Landlord's Consultation with RSL/Housing Associations in the light of 'Oakfern-v-Ruddy'
- Use of Tribunal applications for dispensation/Section 20(1)/20ZA
- The nomination by leaseholders of unsuitable and/or numerous contractors
- Summarising "observations" - how far do you go?
- Choice of contractor, implications of not using the cheapest
- Consequences of non-compliance for managing agents - client management and risk reduction
- Property managers or assistant property managers with some experience of advising clients on and processing Section 20s.
- It's also useful for managers who would like a refresher on (or introduction to) the required procedures of Section 20
- Those who would like to address the practical issues, problems and complications that can arise during and after the Section 20 procedure.