TC102: COMPANY DIRECTORS AND SECRETARIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ARMA ONLINE TRAINING
As you are aware, we are all in unprecedented times. We know that the COVID-19 Pandemic will have an impact on people and companies on an unparalleled scale and exactly how it will unfold is still uncertain.
Recently imposed restrictions to daily life have forced us to quickly adopt different ways of working, learning and connecting with each other.
We know that social distancing measures will be in place for the foreseeable future and during this time ARMA has adapted its classroom training courses and will now offer them as live online training.
We are aware during these difficult times that training courses will need to be run to suit our members needs and rather than running a full-day course over one full-day we are running these over consecutive days to allow you to plan your day accordingly around this. Full details of the dates and times are provided on each course by selecting READ MORE/BOOK.
We are able to offer block bookings to members at a further discounted rate and also provide online in-house training courses for your staff. Please also contact us directly for further information on this: email@example.com
SYSTEM CHECK TO BE UNDERTAKEN:
In advance of all of our ARMA training courses we require you to undertake a check on the system requirements using this link https://support.goto.com/webinar/system-check-attendee
The reason for this is that it will help you avoid any connection issues for you prior to joining our training course. If this is not undertaken until the course commences you may experience technical issues which we may not be able to resolve for you once the training course has commenced.
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP).Please note that not all laptops have this ability and so we recommend that you use a headset if this should be the case as this will allow you to hear the webinar.
Please make sure that you check if your computer has a microphone and speakers and if not please ensure that you have a headset that you can use. Please do not wait until the course commences before this is checked.
Technical issue FAQ Click Here
Online - 6 hours (3 hours per day)
Date: 25/11/21 - 26/11/21
Duration: Online - 6 hours (3 hours per day)
Start Time: 09:30
End Time: 12:30
Price for Members of ARMA: £100.00+VAT
Price for Non-member: £175.00+VAT
Residents’ Management Companies and RTM companies are subject to the same rules and regulations as all other limited companies in England and Wales. This online training course highlights the key responsibilities and duties of Company Secretaries and Directors in relation to RMCs and RTM companies.
- Share capital or guarantee: what are the differences?
- Reviewing, understanding and implementing the memorandum and articles of association of a company, including:
- Using and understanding the Articles to determine who can be members of the company
- Using and understanding the Articles to determine who can be officers of the RMC and what powers they have
- Appointment and resignation of officers
- Whether or not a Company Secretary is required
- Key responsibilities of:
- Company secretary
- Company directors
- Statutory meetings, e.g. AGMs and GMs and in what circumstances they’re called, including
- Quorum to transact business lawfully
- Ordinary and special resolutions: what are the differences and what additional requirements are there for special resolutions
- Are written resolutions a viable alternative?
- Maintaining Statutory Registers and filing confirmation statements
- Register of members: what are the requirements and what information should be recorded in the register (and for how long)
- Dealing with requests from members to inspect the register
- Dealing with requests from members to requisition a company meeting
- Importance of directors’ and officers’ insurance
- Key section of the Companies Act 2006, including an understanding of the criminal offences that might be committed by a company (and its officers)
This course is ideal for managing agents who are managing blocks for and on behalf of management companies, particularly those providing company secretarial services.
Level: Beginner / Intermediate / Refresher