Top Talent in Residential Property Management Recognised at 2022 ACE Awards
The winners of the ARMA (the Association of Residential Managing Agents) ACE Awards were revealed at a glittering ceremony at Old Billingsgate in the heart of London on Friday 17th June 2022. Attended by over 500 property professionals, the Awards celebrated excellence and exceptional achievement by the UK’s leading residential managing agents, suppliers and the work of their people in improving the lives of over a million leaseholders across the country.
The 15 category winners were announced, along with 14 Highly Commended entries, following a rigorous adjudicating process by a panel of 10 independent judges. Prior to the evening, the judging and entry process for the 2022 ACE Awards were reviewed by the Independent Awards Standards Council, resulting in this year’s ACE Awards being given an ‘Outstanding Awards Trust Mark’ status.
Old Billingsgate provided a stunning backdrop to a fun-packed ‘masquerade ball-themed evening, which featured live music, fine dining and plenty of entertainment for guests.
Andrew Bulmer, The Property Institute CEO, said: “It’s been a record-breaking year for the ACE Awards, with the highest number of attendees and the largest ever haul of entries. The latter made the task of judging incredibly tough for our independent panel, however they succeeded in picking out worthy winners who have raised the bar in their respective categories.’
“Opening up the awards to IRPM member this year has helped the ACE Awards become an even bigger celebration of talent within the sector. My thanks go to the incredible support shown by our sponsors, and to all those who entered and attended – after a tough few years for the sector, you’ve all played your part in making this year’s ACE awards the best yet.”
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), a charity taking a stand against suicide, was the charity partner this year and a magnificent sum of £5,666 was raised for the cause. CALM empowers anyone who’s struggling to get help, showing them that life is always worth living by offering life-saving support, provoking national conversation, and bringing people together across the UK to reject living miserably.
Rachel Tysh, Fundraising Manager at CALM, said: “We’d like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to ARMA for choosing to support us at their awards ceremony this year. Demand for our helpline services has never been higher. In the last five years the number of visits to CALM’s website has more than doubled, and in 2021 our helpline answered a call for help every 59 seconds. That’s over a million minutes of talking to people about topics such as health worries, financial stress, anxiety, relationship concerns and loneliness. ARMA’s support will help us continue to be there for anyone who is struggling, no matter what.”
Full list of winners:
Over 100 entries were whittled down to 62 Finalists, with judges going on to award 14 Highly Commended, and 15 ACE Award winners.
- Managing Agent of the Year (under 1,000 units) – Virtus Property Management Ltd
- Managing Agent of the Year (1,000 – 5,000 units) – Plymouth Block Management
- Managing Agent of the Year (5,001 – 15,000 units) – JFM Block & Estate Management
- Managing Agent of the Year (15,001+ units) – Rendall & Rittner
- Legal Services Provider of the Year – FirstPort
- Service Charge Accountant of the Year – Adnan Ahmed, Head of Accounts, Strangford Management Ltd
- Service Charge Accountancy Firm of the Year – Fortus Business Advisors & Accountants
- Outstanding Customer Service Award – Alpha Housing Services Limited
- Pandemic Hero Award – Christopher Dello, Engineer Surveyor, Independent Safety Evaluation Ltd
- On-Site Staff Member of the Year – Terry Keefe, Concierge Team, Tequila Wharf, JFM Block & Estate Management
- Rising Star Award – Alice Moore, Mobilisation Manager, PBM Property Management
- Unsung Hero Award – Amelia Mardle, Head of Operations, PBM Property Management
- PropTech Solution of the Year – Data Energy
- Partner of the Year – Future Group
- Honorary Industry Award – David Hewett
The ACE Awards are open to ARMA Members, Associates, Partners and external suppliers to ARMA members and IRPM members. All the winners, highly commended and finalists can be viewed here and agallery of photos from the event can be viewed here