Safety checks on Private Residential Blocks
DCLG have contacted ARMA with regards to information about checks that can be made on buildings with Aluminium Composite Material cladding and this service is extended to Private Residential Blocks.
Please find attached:
- A letter from Melanie Dawes, Permanent Secretary;
- A form to be completed by people wishing to make use of the checks that are being offered.
These can be downloaded by clicking the download buttons on the left hand side of the page.
To summarise what DCLG are offering:
- In addition to the checks on residential blocks owned by social landlords, DCLG are offering private owners of residential buildings an opportunity to test cladding on blocks over 18 metres high through arrangements put in place with the Building Research Establishment (BRE).
- These checks will be paid for by DCLG, and the information will be available to DCLG from BRE.
- Where owners consider that they may have concerns about cladding on buildings over 18 metres high, they should follow the process in the letter attached.
- DCLG have provided an email for enquiries: PRShousingchecks@communities.gsi.gov.uk